Sesame sushi balls
- 1 cup brown sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons mirin rice wine sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin rice wine sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 bag salad mix
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste
- ¼ cup lite mayonnaise
- 210g can red salmon, drained
- ½ x 5g pack roasted seaweed nori snacks, crushed in small flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook rice following packet directions. Once cooked, pour first measure of mirin over rice to let the rice absorb it.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, in a small jar combine all dressing ingredients. Seal jar and shake well to combine.
- To make salad, in a large bowl combine all salad ingredients. Toss well.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine wasabi paste and mayonnaise. Stir well. Add salmon and crushed nori. Add rice once mirin has been absorbed. Stir to combine.
- Wet hands and roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a small ball. Roll sushi ball lightly in sesame seeds and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture, to make 16 balls.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with sushi balls (4 per serve). Shake dressing then drizzle over to serve.
See these articles and recipes for sushi:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.