Sesame sushi balls
- 1 cup brown sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons mirin rice wine sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin rice wine sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 bag salad mix
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste
- ¼ cup lite mayonnaise
- 210g can red salmon, drained
- ½ x 5g pack roasted seaweed nori snacks, crushed in small flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook rice following packet directions. Once cooked, pour first measure of mirin over rice to let the rice absorb it.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, in a small jar combine all dressing ingredients. Seal jar and shake well to combine.
- To make salad, in a large bowl combine all salad ingredients. Toss well.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine wasabi paste and mayonnaise. Stir well. Add salmon and crushed nori. Add rice once mirin has been absorbed. Stir to combine.
- Wet hands and roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a small ball. Roll sushi ball lightly in sesame seeds and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture, to make 16 balls.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with sushi balls (4 per serve). Shake dressing then drizzle over to serve.
See these articles and recipes for sushi:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like