Egg-free peppermint creams
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup icingfrostingX sugar
- 4 teaspoons skim milk
- ½ teaspoon green food colouring (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint essence
- extra ⅓ cup icingfrostingX sugar, for dusting (do not mix it with the rest)
1 Mix icing sugar, milk, food colouring (if using) and essence until they stick together. Add more milk if the mixture is too powdery. Add more sugar if it’s too moist.
2 Dust the kitchen counter and rolling pin with icing sugar. Roll the mixture until it’s as thick as your little finger.
3 Dip the cutter in icing sugar and cut out small shapes (circles work best). Rework the scraps until all the mixture is used.
4 Set peppermint creams on wax paper to dry overnight. The following morning, turn them over to dry the underside.
The trick to good presents is good presentation.
- Pack your edible present in a gift box lined with wax paper. If packing more than one layer, separate the layers with a sheet of wax paper.
- Wrap the box in tin foil, scraps of fabric, or white paper with your own drawings.
- Be creative with your decorating. Try ribbon bows, beads, seashells, real pine needles or tinsel.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 0g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.