Egg-free peppermint creams
Time to make: 30 mins , plus overnight drying
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup icingfrostingX sugar
- 4 teaspoons trim milk
- ½ teaspoon green food colouring (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint essence
- extra ⅓ cup icingfrostingX sugar, for dusting (do not mix it with the rest)
1 Mix icing sugar, milk, food colouring (if using) and essence until they stick together. Add more milk if the mixture is too powdery. Add more sugar if it’s too moist.
2 Dust the kitchen counter and rolling pin with icing sugar. Roll the mixture until it’s as thick as your little finger.
3 Dip the cutter in icing sugar and cut out small shapes (circles work best). Rework the scraps until all the mixture is used.
4 Set peppermint creams on wax paper to dry overnight. The following morning, turn them over to dry the underside.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 0g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 0g
The trick to good presents is good presentation.
- Pack your edible present in a gift box lined with wax paper. If packing more than one layer, separate the layers with a sheet of wax paper.
- Wrap the box in tin foil, scraps of fabric, or white paper with your own drawings.
- Be creative with your decorating. Try ribbon bows, beads, seashells, real pine needles or tinsel.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.