Leek and courgette quiche
- oil spray
- 1 sheet (150g) frozen reduced-fat shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 medium-sized leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup (150g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) trim milk
- 50g crumbled feta cheese
- micro-herbs or sprouts, to garnish
- 8 cups salad greens, to serve
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Lightly spray a 22cm quiche dish or fluted tin with oil. Line with pastry and trim.
2 Place pastry case dish on a baking tray. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice, dried beans or pie weights. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove weights and paper and bake for 5 minutes or until pastry is golden.
3 Meanwhile, place a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add leek and courgettes. Cook, covered (stirring occasionally) for 15-20 minutes or until very soft. Add 1-2 tablespoons water to help cooking. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Cook off excess liquid. Turn off heat. Stir in ricotta and spoon into pastry case.
4 Whisk eggs and milk in jug until combined. Pour over leek mixture. Sprinkle with feta. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set. Allow dish to stand for 5 minutes before cutting in quarters to serve. Garnish with micro-herbs. Serve with green salad with balsamic drizzle.
Makeover! You save…
23g total fat
12g sat fat
What we did
- Reduced the amount of oil used by using oil spray
- Used reduced-fat pastry
- Used trim milk and reduced-fat ricotta cheese instead of cream
- Used a small amount of feta cheese
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
- You could make this a ‘crust-free’ quiche by omitting the pastry.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pastry.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us