Ginger and coconut ballsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup dried dates, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dried prunes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup unsalted cashew nuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except coconut, and mix well. Use a food processor to form a tighter mixture if you prefer.
2 Use wet hands to mould 10 balls. Squeeze mixture tightly so it sticks together.
3 Roll in coconut and place in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Use a mortar and pestle to finely crush nuts.
- Use wet hands to shape the mixture into balls. It makes it much easier!
- This recipe will keep for up to 10 days chilled in a sealed container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information