Falafel bowl with beetroot hummus
- Green falafels
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 small egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups fresh chopped parsley and/or coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup besan ( chickpeagarbanzoX flour) or wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12–16 falafels (from recipe above)
- ¾ cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 100g mixed rocketarugulaX and watercress
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat tzatziki
- 8 tablespoons beetrootbeetsX hummus
- 1½ tablespoons pistachios
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place the chickpeas, cashews, egg, garlic, fresh herbs, cumin and salt in a food processor and blend until well combined. Form into small balls, flatten slightly and toss in flour. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. When hot add a drizzle of olive oil and half of the falafels. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side. Turn over to cook the other side. Remove and place on a plate covered with a paper towel, then repeat process with remaining falafels.
2 Pour 1¼ cups of boiling water over couscous, and set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Dip the bottom of the avocado in the sesame seeds to coat.
3 Evenly divide and arrange all ingredients in bowls, top with 3–4 falafels each, beetroot hoummos and sprinkle with pistachios.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29.7g
–Saturated fat 5.9g
Dietary fibre 10.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.