Fish pie with kumara topping
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g boneless white fish fillets
- 400ml trim milk
- 700g orange kumara, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Total fat 12.5g
Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place fish into a baking dish, season with pepper and pour over milk. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes until fish flakes. Remove fish, reserving milk. When cool, flake into bite-sized pieces.
2 Steam kumara for 10 minutes, or until tender. Place in a bowl with cheese and garlic and mash until smooth. Keep warm.
3 Melt spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, then slowly add reserved milk and cook until thickened. Add fish, peas and parsley. Season with pepper.
4 Place mixture in a 4-cup capacity baking dish. Top with mash. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve.