Lamb and parsley rissoles with beetroot salad
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 600g lean lamb mince
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt*
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- 450g can whole baby beetrootbeetsX, drained, quartered
- 6 small radishes, scrubbed, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Sprinkle cumin over. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
2 Use hands to combine onion mixture, mince, egg white and parsley in a large glass bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt and remaining crushed garlic clove and set aside.
4 Heat a clean, large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray patties all over with oil. Place 4 in pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Reheat pan and cook the remaining patties.
5 Arrange rocket, beetroot and radishes on serving plates. Drizzle with yoghurt mixture. Top with patties. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
HFG tip(Note: Beetroot salad not pictured.)
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us