Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
- 70g (1/2 cup) sliced or flaked almonds
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) dried apricots, chopped
- 70g (1/2 cup) soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 125g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 medium-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a slice pan base with baking paper.
2 Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in spread, honey, bananas and egg.
3 Mix well and spoon into prepared tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Cook for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and firm to touch. Cool for 1/2 hour.
3 Cut in squares while still warm.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
This flapjack can be frozen for 3 weeks, or it will keep in an airtight container in a cool place (unfrozen) for 4 days.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.