Grilled fish burgers with basil and caper salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed
- oil spray
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced thickly
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 600g firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium wholegrain rolls, halved horizontally
- 80g mesclun salad mix
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Boil or microwave potatoes until just tender (about 10 minutes). Drain and cool slightly. Cut potatoes in halves or quarters and set aside.
2 Spray a barbecue (or chargrill pan) with oil and heat to medium-high. Cook potatoes, capsicums and onion until golden and tender. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Drizzle with half the lemon juice and scatter with half the parsley. Finely chop remaining parsley and set aside.
3 Cook fish on barbecue hot (flat) plate for 5-6 minutes (depending on thickness) until cooked through. Meanwhile, to make salsa, in a small bowl place basil, capers, mustard, oil, the remaining chopped parsley and the remaining lemon juice. Stir to combine.
4 To assemble burgers place fish, basil salsa and salad on roll base. Top with other roll half. Serve with potato salad.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free and use gluten-free bread rolls.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us