Prawn and kumara fritters with mango salsa
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup skim milk
- 400g prawn meat, roughly sliced
- 100g golden kumarasweet-potatoX, grated
- 130g bag mixed salad greens
- 130g bag rocketarugulaX
- 100g mixed bean sprouts
- 1 ripe mango, skinned, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon, juice, plus 1 extra lemon, cut in wedges
- spray oil
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a bowl place flour and stir in seasoning. Make a well in the centre, break in egg, add oil and slowly mix while adding milk. Add prawns and kumara. Mix together.
2 Toss salad leaves together in a separate bowl. Scatter over sprouts.
3 To make salsa, combine mango, spring onions and avocado. Squeeze over lemon juice and toss once.
4 Heat barbecue plate to a medium heat. Spray with oil and cook fritters in batches until small bubbles appear. Flip fritters. Cook for 1 more minute. Repeat.
5 Serve fritters with salad and salsa.
To feed a crowd
- Allow 100g raw prawn meat per person.
- Double the base fritter recipe to serve 8 people, triple to serve 10-12.
- Make sure you have 1 heaped cup salad greens per person, and 2 tablespoons mixed sprouts or legumes per person.
- You need 1/4 mango plus 1/4 avocado per person.
- Allow 1 large or 2 small spring onions, and 1/2 lemon per person.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Make ahead: For easy entertaining make the fritter mix in advance and keep in the fridge. Salsa can be made in advance by leaving out avocado and adding it at the last minute before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Kumara, sweet potato recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.