Cobb potato salad with crispy fish
- 4 small (350g)waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 eggs
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, defrosted
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (approx 500g) firm white fish fillets such as hoki or terakihi
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan cover potatoes with water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a separate pot filled with water, boil eggs for 7-8 minutes until hard-boiled. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel and chop into eighths.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl gently combine lettuce, tomato, corn and avocado. In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic and mustard. Use to dress salad.
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Place egg in a bowl and flour on a plate. Dip fish fillets in flour, then egg, then flour again, shaking off excess. Place fish in pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Add potatoes and cooked eggs to salad and gently combine. Serve fish with salad garnished with parmesan. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it low FODMAP: Use Dijon mustard without onion or garlic.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.