Grilled fish burgers with basil and caper salsa
- 600g new potatoes, scrubbed
- oil spray
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced thickly
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 600g firm white fish fillets
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium wholegrain rolls, halved horizontally
- 80g mesclun salad mix
1 Boil or microwave potatoes until just tender (about 10 minutes). Drain and cool slightly. Cut potatoes in halves or quarters and set aside.
2 Spray a barbecue (or chargrill pan) with oil and heat to medium-high. Cook potatoes, capsicums and onion until golden and tender. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Drizzle with half the lemon juice and scatter with half the parsley. Finely chop remaining parsley and set aside.
3 Cook fish on barbecue hot (flat) plate for 5-6 minutes (depending on thickness) until cooked through. Meanwhile, to make salsa, in a small bowl place basil, capers, mustard, oil, the remaining chopped parsley and the remaining lemon juice. Stir to combine.
4 To assemble burgers place fish, basil salsa and salad on roll base. Top with other roll half. Serve with potato salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free and use gluten-free bread rolls.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us