Grilled prawn and chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- 16 raw king prawns, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
- cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large avocado, halved, stonepitX removed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Place prawns in a large bowl. Spray with cooking oil. Add spices and 2 cloves of garlic.
2 Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side, or until changed in colour and curled. Transfer to a large bowl.
3 Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Spoon among serving plates, top with prawns and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.5g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 12.1g
You could substitute the prawns with 4 gurnard fillets approx 120g each, cut into large cubes.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us