Grilled prawn and chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- 16 raw king prawns, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
- cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large avocado, halved, stonepitX removed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Place prawns in a large bowl. Spray with cooking oil. Add spices and 2 cloves of garlic.
2 Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side, or until changed in colour and curled. Transfer to a large bowl.
3 Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Spoon among serving plates, top with prawns and serve.
You could substitute the prawns with 4 gurnard fillets approx 120g each, cut into large cubes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.5g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 12.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information