Grilled salmon burgers with dill-caper sauce
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 x 120g salmon-tail fillets (thin triangular pieces), halved lengthways
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 dark rye rolls, halved, lightly toasted
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedges, to serve
- To make dill-caper sauce, in a small bowl stir yoghurt, mustard, capers and dill. Set aside.
- Place onion and cucumber in a small bowl with vinegar. Rest for 10 minutes to make a pickle.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and heat. Add salmon and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked to your liking.
- Divide 2 cups of rocket and reserved dill–caper sauce among rolls. Add a salmon fillet to each, and divide half the pickled onion and cucumber among 4 rolls.
- Place remaining rocket, pickled onion and cucumber and tomato in a salad bowl and drizzle with balsamic. Serve burgers with lemon wedges and salad.
Make it low FODMAP and/or gluten free: Swap the low-fat plain yoghurt for lactose-free plain yoghurt. Swap the red onion for finely sliced green tips of spring onion. Use gluten-free bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like