Tasty Chinese chicken with peanuts
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts, to garnish
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
1 Place soy sauce in a bowl with sesame oil and cornflour. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated then set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Combine extra soy sauce and Chinese rice wine in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
3 Return wok to a high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion, chilli flakes and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add celery and capsicums. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Return chicken to wok with the reserved sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with peanuts and serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and cornflour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us