Haloumi vege burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Tahini dressing
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 80g haloumi, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ground black pepper
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 egg
- oil spray
- 4 wholegrain burger buns, halved
- 12 pea sprouts
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 large cos or iceberg lettuce leaves
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
- In a small bowl combine tahini dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add haloumi, peas, spinach, courgette, mint, garlic, pepper and half the grated carrot. Tip all into a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove excess juice. Return to bowl. Add egg and stir to combine.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan and set over a medium heat. Drop in large spoonfuls of the haloumi mix and fry on each side until the haloumi has melted and holds the vegetables together. Use a spatula to carefully press them into shape while frying. They should be golden on both sides.
- Serve patties in burger buns with a dollop of tahini dressing, pea sprouts, remaining grated carrot, avocado, radish and lettuce.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free burger buns and check tahini is gluten free.
Patties and dressing can be refrigerated for 3-5 days.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us