HFG reduced-fat hollandaise
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat crème fraÎche
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, eg. dill, thyme (leaves only) and parsley (optional)
- pinch of curry powder or cayenne pepper (optional)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 0g
1 Mix the yoghurt, crème fraÎche, lemon juice and yolks together in a heatproof bowl.
2 Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir frequently for around 10—15 minutes until the sauce first thins, then thickens.
3 Remove from heat. Add salt, mustard, pepper, herbs (if using) and preferred seasoning.
Serve over poached eggs on toast with wilted spinach and chargrilled cherry tomatoes.
- Vary the flavour by adding a sprinkle of curry powder or cayenne pepper.
- Make it gluten free: Check crème fraiche, mustard and ground spices are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)