HFG reduced-fat hollandaise
- ¾ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat crème fraÎche
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, eg. dill, thyme (leaves only) and parsley (optional)
- pinch of curry powder or cayenne pepper (optional)
1 Mix the yoghurt, crème fraÎche, lemon juice and yolks together in a heatproof bowl.
2 Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir frequently for around 10—15 minutes until the sauce first thins, then thickens.
3 Remove from heat. Add salt, mustard, pepper, herbs (if using) and preferred seasoning.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 0g
Serve over poached eggs on toast with wilted spinach and chargrilled cherry tomatoes.
- Vary the flavour by adding a sprinkle of curry powder or cayenne pepper.
- Make it gluten free: Check crème fraiche, mustard and ground spices are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us