Israeli couscous chicken salad
- 1 portion (350g) Basic roasted chicken (see tip)
- 280g pack Alexandra’s Moroccan Couscous cooked with 1 tablespoon oil (no salt)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ½ cup oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriandercilantroX
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Break chicken in chunks. Place couscous in a large bowl. Squeeze in garlic flesh and toss lightly. Add chicken with vegetables to couscous and mix.
2 Garnish with coriander and serve with kale drizzled with balsamic.
If you can’t find Alexandra’s Moroccan Couscous, use Israeli couscous or a small pasta such as risoni or orzo and add a little Moroccan seasoning.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us