Italian sausage hot pot
(at time of publication)
- 6 lean sausages (we used Mad Butcher 95% fat free Italian sausages)
- 1 onion, chopped in chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 stalk celery, cut in chunks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups large pasta shapes, eg. spirals, shells, penne
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen green beans
- grated fresh parmesan cheese, to serve
1 Turn the slow cooker on high while preparing ingredients. Boil sausages until firm. Drain and cut in thick slices.
2 Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, capsicums, oregano, stock and tomatoes to slow cooker. Top with sausage slices. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are just tender.
3 Add pasta shapes and beans. Cook for 1 more hour or until pasta is firm but cooked. Serve with parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausages, stock and pasta.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us