Spanish chickenReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 900g skinless chicken breasts and/or chicken drumsticks, skin removed (we used 450g each)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 ½ cups hot, salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups halved new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 Trim fat from chicken and cut in bite-sized pieces.
2 Place in the slow cooker with all the ingredients except sour cream. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through sour cream 20 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately, with parsley and brown rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check paprika and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information