- 900g skinless chicken breasts and/or chicken drumsticks, skin removed (we used 450g each)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 ½ cups hot, salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups halved new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 Trim fat from chicken and cut in bite-sized pieces.
2 Place in the slow cooker with all the ingredients except sour cream. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through sour cream 20 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately, with parsley and brown rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check paprika and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like