Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled with a teaspoon
- 1/2 onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 red chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
- Place spring onion, garlic, ginger, onion, chillies and thyme in a food processor and mix to make a coarse paste. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, spices and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Taste and season with pepper and lime juice. Cover in cling film and refrigerate overnight.
If you can’t find limes, used packaged lime juice.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and soy sauce are gluten free.
This marinade can be used for any meat or vegetarian jerk recipe (make the day prior to using). Try these delicious ideas:
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)