Lamb and tzatziki burger
(at time of publication)
- 300g lamb mince
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 300g frozen kumarasweet-potatoX oven chips
- spray oil
- ¼ head cabbage, thinly shredded
- ¼ cup low-fat tzatziki (see tip)
- 4 wholegrain rolls, halved, lightly toasted
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves, to serve
1 Place mince, courgette, half the carrot, coriander, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl and season with pepper. Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place patties on a tinfoil-lined baking tray then cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook kumara chips following packet directions. Spray a chargrill pan or frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Grill patties for 4–5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, place the remaining carrot, cabbage and tzatziki in a bowl. Mix well.
4 Spread 1-2 tablespoons cabbage mixture over the base of each roll then top with a pattie, rocket and bun top. Serve with kumara fries.
- Double the cabbage mixture and serve as a side with kumara chips.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of breadcrumbs, kumara chips and bread rolls. Check tzatziki is gluten free.
Tzatziki is plain yoghurt mixed with grated cucumber and seasoning.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.