Tofu and leek stir-fry
- 2 x 250g packets quick-cook brown rice
- 300g firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon each minced garlic and ginger
- 1 cup grated or spiralised courgette
- 1 cup grated or spiralised carrot
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, sliced
- ½ cup frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
1 Cook rice following packet directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
2 In a shallow dish, place tofu slices and drizzle over tamari.
3 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil on high. Add tofu slices and tamari to pan and cook until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
4 Add leek, onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add courgette, carrot, capsicum and edamame and sauté for 5 minutes. Add spinach, spring onions and tofu to the pan. Toss together and cook for another minute to reheat tofu and wilt spinach.
5 Serve immediately with rice, topped with extra spring onion and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and tamari are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.