Lamb, chickpea and fig tagine
(at time of publication)
- 750g lean lamb, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small onions, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cinnamon stick, bruised
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thickly sliced
- 420g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed
- 125g dried figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups couscous
1 Place lamb, pepper, onions, garlic, Moroccan seasoning and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Add enough water (about 4 cups) to cover lamb. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
2 Add carrots, courgettes, chickpeas and figs to saucepan. Cover and simmer for 30 more minutes. Stir in tomato paste and herbs. Simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
3 Meanwhile, place couscous in a large bowl with 2 cups boiling water. Cover and stand for 10 minutes then fluff with a fork. Serve lamb with couscous and garnish with parsley, if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.