Thai lamb salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- spray oil
- 300g lamb leg steaks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mesclun or other salad leaves
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 cup cooked brown or black rice
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Spray a barbecue grill or heavybased pan with oil and heat to high.
2 Cook lamb steaks for 2-3 minutes each side, until done to your liking. Set aside to rest.
3 In a bowl, combine capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber and salad leaves. In a cup, combine lime zest and juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli flakes.
4 Add half of the dressing to the salad and toss well. Divide between 2 plates. Slice lamb into 1cm slices and add to salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with coriander and peanuts. Serve with rice on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute diced tempeh for lamb and seaweed flakes for fish sauce.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)