Lemon chicken, leek and pumpkin bake
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2-3cm chunks
- 2 leeks, cut in thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 bag slaw
- In a large, shallow glass bowl combine oil, garlic, chilli flakes (if using), lemon juice and zest. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or longer if time allows.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken in a large baking dish with pumpkin and leek. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Divide bake among 4 plates, scatter with parsley and serve with slaw.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.