Chicken and lentil salad with honey mustard dressing
- oil spray
- 150g skinless chicken breast, halved horizontally into 2 thin fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup green beans, halved diagonally
- 2/3 cup canned no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained (see tip)
- 1 cup baby rocketarugulaX
- 1/2 cup halved baby tomatoes
- 25g crumbled feta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken fillets for 3–4 minutes, until browned and cooked through, evenly sprinkling with lemon zest and black pepper while cooking. Slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, microwave, boil or steam beans for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, place beans, lentils, rocket and tomatoes. Toss to combine and transfer to a plate. Top with chicken and drizzle over dressing. Scatter salad with crumbled feta and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Use remaining lentils in soups, stirred through roasted veges or puréed into a dip.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.