Chicken and lentil salad with honey mustard dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 150g skinless chicken breast, halved horizontally into 2 thin fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup green beans, halved diagonally
- 2/3 cup canned no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained (see tip)
- 1 cup baby rocketarugulaX
- 1/2 cup halved baby tomatoes
- 25g crumbled feta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken fillets for 3–4 minutes, until browned and cooked through, evenly sprinkling with lemon zest and black pepper while cooking. Slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, microwave, boil or steam beans for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, place beans, lentils, rocket and tomatoes. Toss to combine and transfer to a plate. Top with chicken and drizzle over dressing. Scatter salad with crumbled feta and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Use remaining lentils in soups, stirred through roasted veges or puréed into a dip.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us