Low-FODMAP Thai-style chicken curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large red or green chillies, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bunch spring onion green tips only, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 540g skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in bite-sized pieces
- 5 cups broccoli florets (1 large head)
- 300ml Low-FODMAP slow-cooker chicken stock
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cups frozen or fresh sliced green beans
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 To make curry paste, pound or process chillies, lemongrass, ginger, coriander, turmeric and spring onion greens with half the oil until a paste forms.
2 Heat remaining oil in a pan then add curry paste and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken, cooking until it has sealed all over. Add broccoli and stock then cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3 Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to curry. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
4 Serve curry with cooked rice.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and fish sauce are gluten free and use gluten-free soy sauce.
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us