Meatball pesto pizza
(at time of publication)
- 8 meatballs from a 14-pack of Al Brown’s Prime Angus Meatballs
- 1 large thin pizza base
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 100g fresh reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
- ¼ cup basil leaves, to garnish
1 Heat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray or pizza stone with baking paper. Set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add meatballs to pan and cook according to packet instructions. Remove meatballs from pan and cut each in half.
2 Place pizza base on prepared tray (or stone). Spread base with pesto and top evenly with meatball halves, ricotta and capsicum. Transfer tray to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust and ricotta start to brown.
3 Toss salad leaves and tomato with vinaigrette. Cut pizza into 8 slices, garnish with basil and serve with salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pizza base and check pesto is gluten free.
Cook leftover meatballs and use in a salad for lunch tomorrow!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.