Mini chocolate pumpkin cakes
Time to make: 35 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) wholemeal flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup (60g) lightly packed brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160ml) trim milk
- 200g peeled butternut pumpkin, finely grated
- 40g dark chocolate, melted
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 12 x 1/3-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
2 Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine. Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and milk together in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Stir through grated pumpkin.
3 Divide batter between paper cases. Bake for 15—18 minutes, or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Leave the muffins to cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4 Once completely cool, drizzle the top of each cake with a little melted dark chocolate and serve.
Try adding mashed baked pumpkin instead for a different flavour and texture.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour. Check baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa, and chocolate are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us