Slow-cooked Moroccan chicken
(at time of publication)
- 8 chicken pieces, eg. 4 thighs, 4 drumsticks, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 oranges, juice, plus grated zest of 1 orange
- ⅓ cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced
- chicken stock powder mixed with ½ cup water
- ¼ cup raisins or ½ cup prunes, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼–½ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (depending on taste)
- 2 carrots, chopped in large slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX mixed with ¼ cup water
- 2 cups green beans (frozen or fresh)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Turn slow cooker on to low. Mix chicken and Moroccan seasoning together. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add chicken and brown on both sides. Add to slow cooker.
2 Add orange juice, orange zest, honey, liquid stock, raisins, cinnamon stick, chilli flakes, carrots and capsicum. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is cooked.
3 Stir cornflour paste into slow cooker mixture along with beans. Cook for 30 more minutes.
Serve on couscous, rice or mashed potato, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander and grated orange zest.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.