Thai chicken noodles in a jar
- 75g broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ carrot, thinly sliced
- 100g shelf-fresh rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt, gluten-free tamari
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon reduced-salt, gluten-free chicken stock powder
- 30g baby spinach, chopped
- 50g shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- ¼ red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 Place broccoli, carrot and noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, set aside for 2–3 minutes, or until noodles have softened. Drain.
2 Combine the sambal, tamari, sesame oil and stock powder in base of a 2–cup capacity glass jar with a lid. Top with noodles, spinach, carrot, chicken, broccoli and capsicum. Cover and store in fridge until ready to serve.
3 When ready to serve, add 1 cup boiling water and cover. Set aside 2–3 minutes. Alternately, remove lid, cover with paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
MAKE IN BULK!
Make up to 3 jars of Thai chicken noodles at a time as they will keep in the fridge for at least 3 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.2g
–Saturated fat 1.0g
Dietary fibre 9.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information