Mustard chicken with roasted chickpeas, tomatoes and garlicky greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 large skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli or broccolini
- 1 courgette, halved lengthwise, sliced (or use 100g marrow)
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- basil leaves, torn, to serve (optional)
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Mix mustard and half the lemon juice and half the zest together. Spread over chicken drumsticks and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
2 Pat chickpeas dry with a paper towel. Line another baking dish with baking paper and add chickpeas and cherry tomatoes. Spray with oil. Place in the oven for 25 minutes, until chickpeas are golden and slightly crispy and tomatoes are soft and slightly caramelised.
3 Heat a frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add spring onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add broccolini and courgette and stir-fry for 8-10 minutes. Add rocket leaves and mix until wilted. Add this vege mix to chickpeas and tomatoes in baking dish, along with remaining lemon juice and zest. Mix gently. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over basil leaves (if using).
4 Serve vegetables with chicken drumsticks and any pan juices.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
You can easily double this recipe. Mix the leftover veges with chicken and some extra salad leaves to make a delicious lunch salad.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of simple, tasty, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $99. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us