Nectarine and plum compote
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 nectarines
- 6 plums
- 225ml orange juice
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot jamjellyX
- 2-3 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
Total fat 1g
saturated fat N/S
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Remove stones then slice nectarines and plums. Place in a saucepan with orange juice, ginger and jam. Cook over a gentle heat until jam becomes liquid and fruit becomes soft and tender.
2 Mix cornflour with a little of the hot liquid to form a paste. Return to saucepan and stir until mixture is thickened. Serve.
Reduced-fat ice cream
Use peaches and apricots instead of nectarines and plums.
- Vary the compote thickness by adding less or more cornflour.
- Served with low-fat yoghurt, this compote is perfect for breakfast.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us