Nut-free basil pesto
- 50g (2 cups) firmly-packed fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated zest of lemon
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
1 Place basil, garlic, parmesan, lemon zest and seeds into a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
2 With the motor running, gradually add oil and water until mixture is well combined (and has a thick consistency).
HFG nut-free basil pesto, per serve
- 7g fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 50mg sodium
Traditional basil pesto, per serve
- 18g fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 110mg sodium
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.