Sundried tomato and nut crustless quiche
(at time of publication)
- 6 eggs
- ¹/³ cup skim milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¹/³ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 capsicums (red and green), sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt
- chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ²/³ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. In a food processor, blitz eggs, milk and cottage cheese until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2 In the ovenproof dish, arrange tomatoes, capsicum, chickpeas and walnuts.
3 Pour over the egg mix and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes, or until set and lightly golden. Sprinkle with parsley. If the top becomes too golden before it is set, cover with foil.
4 Serve with spinach tossed in balsamic dressing.
- You can add ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs to the egg and milk mixture, if you wish.
- This recipe can be served hot or cold.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.