Pan-fried snapper with tomato and basil salsa
(at time of publication)
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets such as snapper, skin on, pin-boned
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus extra small leaves, to garnish
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 400g steamed green beans, to serve
1 Spray a large non-stick frying pan or grill pan with oil and place over a high heat. Add kumara and cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer kumara to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
2 Spray frying pan with oil again. Cook snapper (skin-side down) for 5 minutes then flip over and cook for 2 more minutes or until cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, to make salsa, mix chopped basil and tomatoes with shallot, olive oil and lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
4 Divide reserved kumara among 4 plates. Top with pan-fried snapper and salsa. Garnish with extra basil and serve with beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.