- 500g venison mince
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large (75g) wholemeal pita breads
- 4 cups lettuce
- 8 tablespoons beetrootbeetsX relish (see tip) or your favourite relish
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons light vinaigrette
1 Place mince in a bowl with onion, orange zest, breadcrumbs, seasoning and parsley. Use hands to mix ingredients well then shape into 4 patties. (The patties can be frozen at this stage to use later.)
2 Grill, griddle or barbecue burgers for about 6 minutes each side. Slice pita breads horizontally. To assemble, add lettuce then burger and top with relish and yoghurt. Serve with tomato, cucumber and basil salad drizzled with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
To make beetroot relish, mix 1 cooked beetroot (diced) with 1 finely chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us