Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
320g wholemeal spaghetti
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 teaspoons fresh thyme
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups trim milk
3 yellow courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, finely sliced (see tips)
2 green courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, shredded or grated
8 cups baby spinach
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
cracked black pepper
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet directions, or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan heat olive oil over medium-high. Gently fry onion and garlic for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add thyme and cook for a further minute, or until fragrant.
- Add flour and stir to coat onions. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes, or until thickened. Add courgettes and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, or until veges are just tender.
- Add spinach, parmesan and salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until spinach wilts. Add pasta and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide the pasta among 4 bowls and season with cracked black pepper.
You can use green courgettes if you like.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and flour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us