(at time of publication)
- 300g fresh pasta
- olive spray oil
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 100g lean ham, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and stir.
3 In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with cornflour. Add the remaining milk to mushroom mixture and heat through. Add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add sour cream, ham and corn and cook for 1 minute or until hot.
4 Stir mushroom mixture through pasta and add parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, cornflour and ham.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 99g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.