(at time of publication)
- 300g fresh pasta
- olive oil spray
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 100g lean ham, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and stir.
3 In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with cornflour. Add the remaining milk to mushroom mixture and heat through. Add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add sour cream, ham and corn and cook for 1 minute or until hot.
4 Stir mushroom mixture through pasta and add parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, cornflour and ham.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 99g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us