Creamy chilli prawn pasta
- 160g dried pasta, eg, spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, or more to taste
- 230g prawns, deveined, tails removed (thawed if frozen)
- 150g frozen spinach
- ½ cup lite sour cream or Greek-style yoghurt
- black pepper
- 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- In a saucepan, cook pasta in plenty of water, according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and spring onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes (including juice) and chilli flakes and simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Add prawns and spinach and cook another 2-3 minutes, until prawns are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream or yoghurt and gently combine. Add black pepper to taste. Serve pasta with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top, garnished with parsley and extra chilli if you like.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free pasta and check lite sour cream or yoghurt is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use tempeh instead of prawns and a soy yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like