Eggs Florentine salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup trim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon mustard
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and arrange spinach on top. Add courgettes, capsicum and mushrooms. Bake for 15 minutes then carefully remove from oven.
2 Break 4 of 6 eggs and place them on top of vegetables in baking dish (you may want to make little hollows with a spoon to place eggs). With remaining 2 eggs, separate whites from yolks and set yolks aside. Pour whites over vegetables and return to the still warm oven. Grill for 10 minutes until eggs are done.
3 Meanwhile, to make sauce, whisk together yolks, milk and cornflour in a pot over a low heat until mixture thickens then add mustard.
4 Remove baking dish from oven and pour sauce over eggs. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil, parsley or chives if you prefer.
- To make this into a main meal, double the number of eggs you’re grilling (8 instead of 4) and serve with wholegrain bread.
- If capsicum is out of season, use sliced leek or diced onion instead.
- If you don’t have fresh spinach, use 2 cups defrosted frozen spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us