Green curry paste
- 4 fresh green* chillies
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX (leaves and root)
- zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Combine all ingredients in a blender (take seeds and ribs out of chillies first if you don’t want too much heat).
2 Blend to a smooth paste, adding more oil or a little water if you need it.
3 This paste is best used fresh, but will keep a few days in an airtight container in the fridge.
For red curry paste, use red chillies instead of green.
(Recipe adapted from The Complete Asian Cookbook, Charmaine Solomon)
You’ll find shrimp paste at Asian supermarkets or green grocers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.