(at time of publication)
- ½ pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriandercilantroX
- garam masala – start with a teaspoon and add more if you like
- 1 can coconut milk (lite if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a large saucepan, sauté onion, garlic and spices in oil.
2 Add coconut milk and chopped pumpkin. Bring to the boil and simmer until pumpkin is tender and sauce is reduced.
3 Serve with rice and accompaniments. Traditional curry accompaniments include chutney, coconut, sliced banana and poppadums.
4 Style it up with a sprinkle of fresh chopped coriander and some cashew nuts or eat it as is, with rice or rolled in flatbread.
- Add chopped nuts for some ‘scrunch’ if you like or include chicken or seafood.
- If you have them, cooked chickpeas will add interesting texture and round out the protein values in this dish.
Curry paste can be used in place of dry spices in this dish. Freeze small quantities of curry paste in plastic wrap to add Indian zing to soups, vegetable dishes and dips.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.7g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 3.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.