Quinoa with leek and pumpkin
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 medium leek, washed, trimmed, cut in 1cm slices
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add pumpkin, leek, onion, thyme and garlic. Cover pan and allow to sweat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
2 Meanwhile, rinse quinoa in cold water until water runs clear. Place quinoa in a pot, cover well with cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and the long white kernels are coming away from the brown seeds. Drain and leave to steam in pot while vegetable finish cooking.
5 When vegetables are ready, add cooked quinoa and stir well to combine. Season with pepper and add lemon juice, parsley and toasted pine nuts. Stir again and serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)