Raw strawberry cake
Time to make: 15 mins , plus 1 hr 30 mins freezing
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 dates, soaked in 1/4 cup water for about 1 hour
- 1 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 75g ground almonds
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 6 large strawberries
- 20 medium strawberries
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Line a 20cm square or round baking pan with baking paper. Blitz the dates and sultanas in a blender until a coarse crumb consistency. Stir in the ground almonds and coconut. Spoon into the pan and flatten out.
2 Place bananas and strawberries in blender and blitz until smooth. Pour over the base and freeze for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Wash, dry and hull strawberries. Arrange them whole over the top of the cake. Serve immediately.
- You can use frozen (defrosted) strawberries for the filling when they’re not in season.
- You can replace the strawberries on top with blueberries or kiwifruit. Alternatively use strawberries, with a few blueberries thrown in.
- If you don’t like coconut, replace it with ground almonds.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us