Raw strawberry cake
- 6 dates, soaked in ¼ cup water for about 1 hour
- 1 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 75g ground almonds
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 6 large strawberries
- 20 medium strawberries
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Line a 20cm square or round baking pan with baking paper. Blitz the dates and sultanas in a blender until a coarse crumb consistency. Stir in the ground almonds and coconut. Spoon into the pan and flatten out.
2 Place bananas and strawberries in blender and blitz until smooth. Pour over the base and freeze for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Wash, dry and hull strawberries. Arrange them whole over the top of the cake. Serve immediately.
- You can use frozen (defrosted) strawberries for the filling when they’re not in season.
- You can replace the strawberries on top with blueberries or kiwifruit. Alternatively use strawberries, with a few blueberries thrown in.
- If you don’t like coconut, replace it with ground almonds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.