Raw strawberry cake
(at time of publication)
- 6 dates, soaked in ¼ cup water for about 1 hour
- 1 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 75g ground almonds
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 6 large strawberries
- 20 medium strawberries
1 Line a 20cm square or round baking pan with baking paper. Blitz the dates and sultanas in a blender until a coarse crumb consistency. Stir in the ground almonds and coconut. Spoon into the pan and flatten out.
2 Place bananas and strawberries in blender and blitz until smooth. Pour over the base and freeze for 1 1/2 hours.
3 Wash, dry and hull strawberries. Arrange them whole over the top of the cake. Serve immediately.
- You can use frozen (defrosted) strawberries for the filling when they’re not in season.
- You can replace the strawberries on top with blueberries or kiwifruit. Alternatively use strawberries, with a few blueberries thrown in.
- If you don’t like coconut, replace it with ground almonds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us