Mediterranean fish roast
(at time of publication)
- 600g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 (200g) red kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as Italian mixed herbs or oregano)
- 3 rosemary sprigs, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 550g ling fillets, cut into pieces
- Parmesan crust
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place veges in an ovenproof dish with the garlic and herbs. Add oil and half the lemon. Toss to mix. Cook for 35–40 minutes, or until lightly golden, turning once.
2 Top veges with fish, season with remaining lemon and ground black pepper. Pour stock over fish.
3 Mix crust ingredients together and sprinkle over the fish and veg. Cook for a further 15–20 minutes or until fish is tender. Serve with fresh herbs.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us