Carrot cupcakes with pineapple and raisins
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups (270g) homemade gluten-free flour mix (see Tips) or use a prepared gluten-free baking mix
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond) or ground flaxseed/linseed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (110g) brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup neutral tasting oil (rice bran, canola or light olive oil)
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, grated
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple with juice
- ½ cup raisins or currants
- vanilla icingfrostingX (see Tips)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a standard 12-hole baking tin with paper cupcake or muffin cases.
2 In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
3 In a medium-sized bowl lightly whisk eggs. Add sugar and whisk while adding oil until mixture is lump-free. Fold in carrots, pineapple and raisins. Pour mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Fill paper cases half-full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4 Remove from oven and rest in tin for at least 10 minutes. Ice with vanilla icing (see Tips) when cool.
You can use a prepared gluten-free baking mix instead of homemade if you prefer.
Homemade gluten-free flour mix
Combine 2 cups (270g) brown rice flour, 2/3 cup (87g) tapioca starch and 1/3 cup (48g) gluten-free cornfour. (Makes 3 cups (405g), cost 96 cents per cup.)
Mix 1 cup (140g) icing sugar with 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread until creamy. Add 1-2 tablespoons rice milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste). Mix until smooth. Spread icing over cupcakes once they are cool.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.