Beef satay skewers with date and parsley couscous
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g beef scotch fillet, fat trimmed, thinly sliced into strips
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (if wooden, soak in cold water for at least 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought satay sauce
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 6 pitted fresh dates, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 600g frozen mixed vegetables or 3¾ cups
- chopped fresh veges
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Thread beef onto skewers. Rub satay sauce over the meat to coat.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook beef skewers, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, place couscous. Add 1 cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate couscous grains. Add dates and parsley. Season with cracked black pepper. Stir mixture to combine.
4 Cook vegetables following packet instructions. Drain. Serve skewers with couscous, veges, lemon and scattered parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use cooked rice instead of couscous and check satay sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Fry’s Chargrilled Beefstyle Strips, tofu or tempeh and check satay sauce is vegan.