Beef satay skewers with date and parsley couscous
(at time of publication)
- 500g beef scotch fillet, fat trimmed, thinly sliced into strips
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (if wooden, soak in cold water for at least 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought satay sauce
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 6 pitted fresh dates, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 600g frozen mixed vegetables or 3¾ cups
- chopped fresh veges
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Thread beef onto skewers. Rub satay sauce over the meat to coat.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook beef skewers, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, place couscous. Add 1 cup boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate couscous grains. Add dates and parsley. Season with cracked black pepper. Stir mixture to combine.
4 Cook vegetables following packet instructions. Drain. Serve skewers with couscous, veges, lemon and scattered parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use cooked rice instead of couscous and check satay sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Fry’s Chargrilled Beefstyle Strips, tofu or tempeh and check satay sauce is vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us